Updates to LL97Navigate the latest proposed changes to LL97 with this set of online resources.
On September 12, 2023, the NYC Department of Buildings released new proposed guidelines for LL97, which limits carbon emissions for many large buildings and campuses starting in 2024 (with fines for noncompliance starting in 2025).
To help property owners and managers navigate this new set of changes, we’ve highlighted what's changing and collected a handy list of online resources.
Summary of Proposed Changes
- New beneficial electrification credit
- A definition of the DOB’s “good faith” standard for mitigated penalties
- Clarification on Article 321 buildings
- Guidance on lighting upgrades and submetering requirements
Links to LL97 Resources
- See if your building is covered by LL97, speak to compliance experts for free, and learn about financing help on NYC Accelerator's web page on LL97. (If you’re new to LL97, START HERE.)
- Get more detail on the changes in this article, What’s in the 2023 proposed rules for LL97? from the Urban Green Council.
- Read the proposed rules in full here.
- Learn about applying for an adjustment on this FAQ page.
- Submit comments on the proposed rules through the NYC rules website. (Comments must be submitted by 10/24/23.)
- Read more about the mayor's implementation plan in Getting 97 Done.
Your tenant submetering and energy plant optimization services are an essential part of your operation. You deserve personalized energy insights from a team that knows buildings from the inside out, applies IoT technology and is energized by providing you with accurate data and energy optimization insights. When you need experience, expertise, and service, you need utiliVisor on your side, delivering consistent energy and cost-saving strategies to you. What more can our 40 years of experience and historical data do for you? Call utiliVisor at 212-260-4800 or visit utilivisor.com